From: xbound on
I have a session object (I.e. Session("message")) passed on from the first
web page to the second web page. In the second page I have a formview
object. For formatting reason I would like to display the session value
WITHIN the formview. All other values in the formview are drawn from
database via a sql select statement.

So far it doesn't work. Is it possible?

From: Mr. Arnold on
xbound wrote:
> I have a session object (I.e. Session("message")) passed on from the
> first web page to the second web page. In the second page I have a
> formview object. For formatting reason I would like to display the
> session value WITHIN the formview. All other values in the formview
> are drawn from database via a sql select statement.
>
> So far it doesn't work. Is it possible?

ASP.NET developers use session variables all the time to populate form
controls, even passing the variable from one form to another form in a
session.

Maybe, the session variable is empty.string when you're trying to use it
to populate a control.