From: skijor on
I didn't ask for aesthetic advice. I asked a technical question.
I realize it's hard for some to be silent when they just don't know.

From: Jukka K. Korpela on
Scripsit skijor:

> I didn't ask for aesthetic advice. I asked a technical question.

You got much more than you paid for. But thank you for your clear expression
of unwillingness to discuss constructive; upside-down fullquoting seldom
fails to convey the idea of cluelessness.

--
Jukka K. Korpela ("Yucca")
http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/

From: Bergamot on
skijor wrote:
> I didn't ask for aesthetic advice. I asked a technical question.

Welcome to Usenet.

> I realize it's hard for some to be silent when they just don't know.

Those who responded to your query know full well how to achieve what you
seek. They also know that it is a bad thing to want in the first place
(blinking text is annoying in the extreme).

Around here we tend to not provide instructions when someone asks how to
shoot themselves in the foot. ;)

--
Berg
From: skijor on
> You got much more than you paid for.

yes. but not what I asked for.

> But thank you for your clear expression
> of unwillingness to discuss constructive; upside-down fullquoting seldom
> fails to convey the idea of cluelessness.

yep. still clueless but confident a technical solution does in fact
exist.

From: dorayme on
In article
<1166916270.215808.53820(a)a3g2000cwd.googlegroups.com>,
"skijor" <skijore(a)yahoo.com> wrote:

> I didn't ask for aesthetic advice. I asked a technical question.
> I realize it's hard for some to be silent when they just don't know.
>

> dorayme wrote:
> > In article
> > <1166381070.977588.10180(a)79g2000cws.googlegroups.com>,
> > "skijor" <skijore(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
> >
> > > so I guess your advice is to just not do it because you don't like it
> > > and Microsoft doesn't support it.

> > No. The advice old K is giving you is that it is a tacky thing to
> > do, very few people like it and so on...

Please don't top post, it makes it so hard for many to follow.
You guessed wrong about a reply to you by Korpela and I pointed
it out. Perhaps you misunderstood it? It was not the point that
just he did not like it. Almost no one likes it.

And your assumption that people give aesthetic advice because of
a lack of technical knowledge is unfair. Even web pages devoted
to technical advice about html blinking say not to do it:

<http://www.htmlcodetutorial.com/_BLINK.html>

I am not suggesting this page will help your particular desire.

--
dorayme