From: skijor on
After attempting this in IE I've come to the conclusion that you are
all right. It's just not worth it.

From: skijor on
Just in case anyone still cares:

the fix to getting csshover.htc to work is to add this to your css
stylesheet:

body { behavior:url("csshover.htc"); }

but do it in the context of an additional body selector like this:

body {font:1em verdana, arial, sans-serif;}
body {behavior:url("csshover.htc"); }

and do include it as an additional style to the body selector like
this:

body {font:1em verdana, arial, sans-serif;
behavior:url("csshover.htc");}

and arguments about the virtues of BLINK aside, I believe this code is
necessary to get IE to produce a hover effect on any selector besides a
link (<a></a>) say for example to produce a drop-down menu when mousing
over a list-item (<li></li>).

From: skijor on
> and do include it as an additional style to the body selector like
> this:
>
> body {font:1em verdana, arial, sans-serif;
> behavior:url("csshover.htc");}

correction:
and DO NOT include it as an additional style to the body selector like