From: andrew on
Can anyone recommend a cheap cellphone that I can pop my work voda sim in so
that it will only forward calls from a recognised whitelist to my personal
mobile when on leave?

AJH
From: Rad on
On Thu, 29 Jul 2010 21:36:11 +0100, andrew wrote:
> Can anyone recommend a cheap cellphone that I can pop my work voda sim
> in so that it will only forward calls from a recognised whitelist to my
> personal mobile when on leave?

A lot of old Samsung phones have a call reject feature. What you do is
set your 'divert on busy' setting to your personal number and use the
phone's reject list as your white list.

When you get a white listed call come through your Samsung sees it on the
reject list and rejects the call. But by rejecting it, the call gets
diverted to your personal mobile. You can still choose to have calls
diverted to your voicemail if you don't answer after 15 seconds which is
where non-white listed numbers will go.

From: Soruk on
On 2010-07-29, Rad <rad(a)rad.rad> wrote:
> On Thu, 29 Jul 2010 21:36:11 +0100, andrew wrote:
>> Can anyone recommend a cheap cellphone that I can pop my work voda sim
>> in so that it will only forward calls from a recognised whitelist to my
>> personal mobile when on leave?
>
> A lot of old Samsung phones have a call reject feature. What you do is
> set your 'divert on busy' setting to your personal number and use the
> phone's reject list as your white list.
>
> When you get a white listed call come through your Samsung sees it on the
> reject list and rejects the call. But by rejecting it, the call gets
> diverted to your personal mobile. You can still choose to have calls
> diverted to your voicemail if you don't answer after 15 seconds which is
> where non-white listed numbers will go.

Sounds like the phone needs to stay on, so leave it plugged into its
charger.

International Calls - http://calls.matrixnetwork.co.uk/
From: andrew on
Rad wrote:

> On Thu, 29 Jul 2010 21:36:11 +0100, andrew wrote:
>> Can anyone recommend a cheap cellphone that I can pop my work voda sim
>> in so that it will only forward calls from a recognised whitelist to my
>> personal mobile when on leave?
>
> A lot of old Samsung phones have a call reject feature. What you do is
> set your 'divert on busy' setting to your personal number and use the
> phone's reject list as your white list.

Thanks for that, I bought a c3050 from ebay and it does work as you
describe.

Next quest is how to log the calls that don't get forwarded whilst I'm away.

AJH