From: Bill in Co on
WaIIy wrote:
> Well, it doesn't appear on boot anymore, but two instances show up and I
> can't pinpoint just what causes it.
>
> I need a hobby.

Sounds like you have one. :-) And I know the feeling.

From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
cf. http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=43792 (though you may have done
this already, according to your replies to YOUR ORIGINAL THREAD!)

From: Nil on
On 09 Aug 2010, WaIIy <WaIIy@(nft).invalid> wrote in
microsoft.public.windowsxp.general:

> Then I did this to the registry,,
>
> http://forums.sun.com/thread.jspa?threadID=5433389
>
> The Java settings in Control Panel didn't have the Update box to
> uncheck in version 6u21 - bastards.

It's there in mine.

> They also put Java Update Sched in HKLM Run (according to Startup
> Control Panel). No matter what was unchecked in the Java settngs,
> they have been doing this for a long time.

Yes, that's been there for years. I'm not convinced that it does
anything, though, if the update option in the Java control panel is
disabled. My firewall logs don't show it contacting anyone. I disable
the Java Update Scheduler every time I update Java.
From: Nil on
On 09 Aug 2010, WaIIy <WaIIy@(nft).invalid> wrote in
microsoft.public.windowsxp.general:

> On Mon, 09 Aug 2010 20:55:57 -0400, WaIIy <WaIIy@(nft).invalid>
> wrote:

>>Do you have Version 1.6.0_21 ?
>>
>>It's not there.
>
> That would be build 07, since they made a slight change in
> 1.6.0_21

Version 1.6.0_21-b07.
Yep, it's there.

<http://home.comcast.net/~esionder/temp/JavaUD1.png>
From: Daave on
WaIIy wrote:
> On Mon, 09 Aug 2010 21:13:43 -0400, Nil
> <rednoise(a)REMOVETHIScomcast.net> wrote:

>> Version 1.6.0_21-b07.
>> Yep, it's there.
>>
>> <http://home.comcast.net/~esionder/temp/JavaUD1.png>
>
> That is really odd.
>
> My tabs are General-Java-Security-Advanced.
>
> Nothing about updating anywhere.
>
> I installed it offline, though.

I installed mine offline, but I have the Update tab.

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: Restart loop after Windows repair
Next: Blue screen