From: Evan Meagher on
LOL @ William Wallace. I registered so that I could tell you that your
original response was hilarious! "..less context is better, they just
pick apart what you say."

It's so true.

"Give me more details so I can tell you that you are going about it all
wrong, or that you shouldn't be attempting it at all!"

or even better-

"Why are you trying to do that?"

Classic!

Anyways, regarding your original topic (I know it has since turned into
talk of a book deal), half of the events will only work for window and
half for document.

I was just finishing up an events article on my own site and came upon
this post. For attachEvent in IE (or inline events) you have to use
window for certain events and document for others.

use window for scroll,load,unload,focus,blur, and resize

use document for all mouse/key events, click, and dblclick

Hope that sheds some light on the original question.

http://solidlystated.com
Hardware. Software. Solid.

From: David Mark on
On Aug 4, 4:17 pm, Evan Meagher <evanssp...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> LOL @ William Wallace. I registered so that I could tell you that your
> original response was hilarious! "..less context is better, they just
> pick apart what you say."
>
> It's so true.

In general, "they" pick apart things that demonstrate faulty thinking.

> "Give me more details so I can tell you that you are going about it all
> wrong, or that you shouldn't be attempting it at all!"

If someone is going about something all wrong or attempting the
impossible, it is helpful to let them know. Of course, many people
are looking for magic rather than reasoning.

> or even better-
>
> "Why are you trying to do that?"
>
> Classic!

Is this your first time on Usenet? You are going about it all
wrong. :)

> Anyways, regarding your original topic (I know it has since turned into
> talk of a book deal), half of the events will only work for window and
> half for document.

Half? Who conducted that study?

> I was just finishing up an events article on my own site and came upon
> this post.
> For attachEvent in IE (or inline events) you have to use
> window for certain events and document for others.

It sounds as if your article needs more work.

> use window for scroll,load,unload,focus,blur, and resize
>
> use document for all mouse/key events, click, and dblclick

We've been over all of this (in much greater detail).

> Hope that sheds some light on the original question.

Doubtful.

> http://solidlystated.com

Ironic.

> Hardware. Software. Solid.
>
> *** Sent via Developersdexhttp://www.developersdex.com***

Of course. :(
From: Evan Meagher on
I can't tell what's sarcasm in that and what's not, but the JS is 100%
solid.

http://solidlystated.com
Hardware. Software. Solid.

From: David Mark on
On Aug 8, 1:01 am, Evan Meagher <evanssp...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> I can't tell what's sarcasm in that and what's not, but the JS is 100%
> solid.

Will you please learn to quote? If you are referring to your last
(first ever?) post here, it contained no JS.