From: AzSeda on
after setting up sp2007 portal with internet connector, i have a
question in regards to document library. when i login into the portal
from internet, and check-out a document, then trying to open it
whether it's word or excel doc, i get a prompt for either open or
save. It doesn't matter if I use word/excel 2003/2007 or 2010.

but in windows sharepoint services which is setup in my internal lan,
after I access the portal and document library, then checking-out a
document, i get a prompt to either open it as read-only or edit the
document.

my question is how can i force sp2007 document library to prompt users
when they click on any document to open it as read-only or edit like
WSS?

thanks