From: lenny on
Hi All,

we are running exchange 2k3. THis came up as a potential risk during a
security assessment. Does this folder need to be shared? I could not find
anything on the subject.

Thanks!
From: Rich Matheisen [MVP] on
On Sun, 11 Apr 2010 09:04:01 -0700, lenny
<lenny(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>we are running exchange 2k3. THis came up as a potential risk during a
>security assessment. Does this folder need to be shared?

Do you have more than one Exchange server? If the anser is yes, the
the answer to your question is also yes.

>I could not find
>anything on the subject.

What's the risk? Did the audit examine the permissions on that share
or just that it was present?
---
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP