From: Woody on
in the .ASPX i have
<asp:Panel ID="Panel1"
DefaultButton="btnNewPolicy" runat="server">
<asp:TextBox ID="textPolicyNumber"
runat="server" MaxLength="10" /><br />
<asp:Button ID="btnNewPolicy" runat="server"
Text="Get Forms" OnClick="lnkNewPolicy_Click"
Visible="true" /><br/>
<asp:CustomValidator ID="PolicyNumberValidator"
runat = "server"
OnServerValidate="PolicyValidate"
ControlToValidate="textPolicyNumber"
Display="Dynamic" ErrorMessage="not
right" ></asp:CustomValidator>
<asp:Label ID="lblPolicyMessage" runat="server"
Font-Bold="true" ForeColor="Red"
Visible="true" Text="" />
</asp:Panel>

in the ASPX.CS i have

protected void PolicyValidate(object sender, ServerValidateEventArgs
args)
{
args.IsValid = ((args.Value.ToString().Trim().Length == 0)
||(args.Value.ToString().Trim().Length == 10));
}

and i keep getting the CS1061: 'ASP.policyholder_reportclaim_aspx' does
not contain a definition for 'PolicyValidate' and no extension method
'PolicyValidate' accepting a first argument of type
'ASP.policyholder_reportclaim_aspx' could be found (are you missing a
using directive or an assembly reference?)

error message. what did i do wrong?

thanks

Woody
any sugestion or comment made by me should be examined first for
validity and appropriateness before assuming i have any idea at all
what the heck i am talking about. I am not responsible for anything you
may see with my name attached to it, i think.