From: Mitoids on
I deleted the registry entries for Outlook without backing up my registry (as
I should have), and I am now looking for a way to restore them. From my
research, it looks like the "/cleanprofile" command line switch would do the
trick. However, when I try it with Outlook 2010, I get an error message
saying the argument is not valid and to verify it.

Am i using the argument with improper syntax? Is it still available with
this version of Outlook? If it is no longer supported with 2010, is there a
replacement that does the same thing?

Am I going down the wrong path altogether?
From: Mitoids on
I should clarify that I deleted the user profile specific entries under:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Clients/Mail/Outlook

I want to avoid deleting and recreating the profile for that particular user
on the machine.

From: VanguardLH on
Mitoids wrote:

> I deleted the registry entries for Outlook without backing up my registry (as
> I should have), and I am now looking for a way to restore them. From my
> research, it looks like the "/cleanprofile" command line switch would do the
> trick. However, when I try it with Outlook 2010, I get an error message
> saying the argument is not valid and to verify it.
>
> Am i using the argument with improper syntax? Is it still available with
> this version of Outlook? If it is no longer supported with 2010, is there a
> replacement that does the same thing?
>
> Am I going down the wrong path altogether?

This newsgroup discusses the released versions.

Microsoft Office 2010 forums are at:
http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/category/office2010