From: Sarah Z Sarah on
Hi all!
I wrote a payroll program in excel, but when I try to make a "template" and
copy it I find that it automatically adjusts the cell numbers, which I do not
want it to do. I have tried pasting and pasting "special" and cannot get it
to just paste the formula without adjusting the cell numbers.
From: Brad on
You need to lock the cell down by using the "$" sign

so rather than having =c4 make instead of =$c$4 and then copy as needed.
--
Wag more, bark less

From: dlw on
you can put $ in all the cell references, like: =sum($a$1.$a$10)
not sure if there is a quicker way?

From: Sarah Z on
Thank you! I knew there had to be an easy way to do this! Works great!

"Brad" wrote:

> You need to lock the cell down by using the "$" sign
>
> so rather than having =c4 make instead of =$c$4 and then copy as needed.
> --
> Wag more, bark less
>

> "Sarah Z" wrote:
>
> > Hi all!
> > I wrote a payroll program in excel, but when I try to make a "template" and
> > copy it I find that it automatically adjusts the cell numbers, which I do not
> > want it to do. I have tried pasting and pasting "special" and cannot get it
> > to just paste the formula without adjusting the cell numbers.

Pages: 1
Prev: Excel links
Next: Excel Forms