From: Alpha Omega on
HI,
i'm new in this newsgroup. I would ask you if there is some javascript
framework that can reproduce BBC site drag and drop... I saw JQuery...
but it's not complete...

hi guys!
From: 123Jim on

"Alpha Omega" <alpha.omega1999(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> HI,
> i'm new in this newsgroup. I would ask you if there is some javascript
> framework that can reproduce BBC site drag and drop... I saw JQuery... but
> it's not complete...
>
> hi guys!

Which bbc webpage do you mean?
link?

From: purcaholic on
On 20 Apr., 11:44, Alpha Omega <alpha.omega1...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> HI,
> i'm new in this newsgroup. I would ask you if there is some javascript
> framework that can reproduce BBC site drag and drop... I saw JQuery...
> but it's not complete...
>
> hi guys!

BBC uses it's own JavaScript library, see http://www.bbc.co.uk/glow/.

Check out http://www.bbc.co.uk/glow/docs/1.7/api/glow.dragdrop.shtml
for more details.

Regards
purcaholic
From: David Mark on
purcaholic wrote:
> On 20 Apr., 11:44, Alpha Omega <alpha.omega1...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>> HI,
>> i'm new in this newsgroup. I would ask you if there is some javascript
>> framework that can reproduce BBC site drag and drop... I saw JQuery...
>> but it's not complete...
>>
>> hi guys!
>
> BBC uses it's own JavaScript library, see http://www.bbc.co.uk/glow/.
>
> Check out http://www.bbc.co.uk/glow/docs/1.7/api/glow.dragdrop.shtml
> for more details.

Don't bother. It's _all_ browser sniffing. Why use the products of
incompetents?

And I can reproduce anything they do on their site with no library at
all. My stuff will run to eternity, theirs until the next new
browser(s) come out (then you download a new copy of "Glow" and pray
they have "kept up" with the "major" browsers as promised).
From: Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn on
David Mark wrote:

> purcaholic wrote:
>> Alpha Omega wrote:
>>> i'm new in this newsgroup. I would ask you if there is some javascript
>>> framework that can reproduce BBC site drag and drop... I saw JQuery...
>>> but it's not complete...
>> BBC uses it's own JavaScript library, see http://www.bbc.co.uk/glow/.
>>
>> Check out http://www.bbc.co.uk/glow/docs/1.7/api/glow.dragdrop.shtml
>> for more details.
>
> Don't bother. It's _all_ browser sniffing. Why use the products of
> incompetents?

ACK. There are also repeated property accesses in loops, `window' misuse,
needless/error-prone getAttribute()/setAttribute() aso. And that's only
their dom.js.

Apparently the mentioning of classes in documentation for a prototype-based
solution is becoming yet another clear indication of clueless coding
underneath.

PointedEars
-- Richard Cornford, cljs, <cife6q$253$1$8300dec7(a)news.demon.co.uk> (2004)

Pages: 1
Prev: Refresh image map.
Next: [CfP] DLS'10