From: bob on
Hi,

My windows is found installed at F: drive, can I change it back to C: ?

thanks

From: Pegasus [MVP] on

"bob" <bobby(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> My windows is found installed at F: drive, can I change it back to C: ?
>
> thanks

Sorry, you can't.

From: Bob I on
If it was installed to F: the only way to "move it to C:" is to Install
it to C:. Perhaps you had some removable drives connected during the
install? Unplug them this time when you reinstall.

From: Db on
if windows was installed
to drive f

and windows is functional
at this time

then you cannot change
the drive letter without
loosing the functionality
of the o.s.

you see when you installed
the o.s. to the f drive,

all the system files were
encoded to operate from
the drive f.

further if you have installed
third party programs in
the o.s. then they have been
encoded to function from
the drive f.

unfortunately, if you do want
drive c as the default drive for
the o.s.

then you will have to reinstall
the o.s. and ensure you
pick drive c.

in my opinion leave well
enough alone.

however, it does seem odd
that you had a drive f to
pick during installation.

~db

From: Bruce Chambers on
bob wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My windows is found installed at F: drive, can I change it back to C: ?
>
> thanks

Only by re-installing it from scratch, onto the correct drive/partition.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:

killed a great many philosophers.