From: Frank on
>>What are you trying to say?
>
> Job market for engineers in the US is not good.

Ok.... so for those few engineers in Atlanta who are able to get a job as a
dsp engineer, what would you
estimate their yearly salary to be? (5 yrs of professional experience, 10+
years of programming experience, M.Sc. EE signal processing)

From: Randy Yates on
"Frank" <frank(a)invalid.nospam> writes:

>>>What are you trying to say?
>>
>> Job market for engineers in the US is not good.
>
> Ok.... so for those few engineers in Atlanta who are able to get a job
> as a dsp engineer, what would you
> estimate their yearly salary to be? (5 yrs of professional experience,
> 10+ years of programming experience, M.Sc. EE signal processing)

85k/year.
--
Randy Yates % "I met someone who looks alot like you,
Digital Signal Labs % she does the things you do,
From: Frank on

> 85k/year.

Thank you.

From: Clay on
On May 9, 9:29 am, "Frank" <fr...(a)invalid.nospam> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> How much would you say a dsp engineer with 5 years of experience makes in
> Atlanta, GA ?

Hello Frank,

The bigger question is: Is there any DSP work in the ATL area? (I
live here). More often than not, you will find some DSP work that is
part of something much bigger. So there are bits and pieces. Sure
there is GTRI, but they get grad students at endentured pay levels.
The usual suspect companies here are Lockheed and Scientific Atlanta.

Good Luck
Clay

From: Randy Yates on
On May 10, 11:01 am, Clay <c...(a)claysturner.com> wrote:
>[...]
> The usual suspect companies here are Lockheed and Scientific Atlanta.

Clay, I heard SA is now Cisco. Not true?

--Randy