From: Mr.Jan on
On Dec 23, 4:53 pm, "David H. Lipman" <DLipman~nosp...(a)Verizon.Net>
wrote:
> From: "John Pollard" <8plus7...(a)gmail.com>
>
> | Al Reeve wrote:
> >> fin
> >> I haven't tried, but Quicken is definitely limited in its network
> >> abilities. Most people report being able to access a Q fileset over a
> >> network share quite happily as long as only one computer is accessing
> >> it at a time.  I seem to remember reports of similar problems to
> >> yours if more than one connection to the same fileset is made.
> >> Going full hog I believe the software license even forbids accessing a
> >> fileset over a network, but my agreement isn't installed so I can't
> >> quote mine.
>
> | I don't think it is legally forbidden; but I know Intuit doesn't
> | recommend, or support it.  They believe that accessing Quicken data over a
> | network will increase the likelihood of data corruption - which tends to
> | increase tech support calls.
>
> | --
>
> | John Pollard
>
> Bingo!
>
> --
> Davehttp://www.claymania.com/removal-trojan-adware.html
> Multi-AV -http://www.pctipp.ch/downloads/dl/35905.asp

I have had the same problem for decades. I ended up getting a USB
drive and keeping my master copy there. I then have Quicken set to
back up after each use and to add the date at the end of the backup
copy filename. If I forget my thumb drive, I can make the backup copy
the master and copy it later.

I suspect when Quicken and Mint get completely melded, they will just
go online for Quicken and that will be the solution.
From: Andrew on
Mr.Jan wrote:

> I suspect when Quicken and Mint get completely melded, they will just
> go online for Quicken and that will be the solution.

Not for those of us that are not going to keep their personal information on
some Q or MINT servers! If they force me to do that, they lose a long time
customer. You really want to have all your account information, passwords,
scheduled transactions, PINs, etc. online somewhere out of your control??
Not me!
Regards -

- Andrew

From: David H. Lipman on
From: "Andrew" <andrew(a)jkl.com>

| Mr.Jan wrote:
>>> >
>> I suspect when Quicken and Mint get completely melded, they will just
>> go online for Quicken and that will be the solution.

| Not for those of us that are not going to keep their personal information on
| some Q or MINT servers! If they force me to do that, they lose a long time
| customer. You really want to have all your account information, passwords,
| scheduled transactions, PINs, etc. online somewhere out of your control??
| Not me!
| --
| Regards

| - Andrew

Ditto!
I can't agree more.

--
Dave

From: JimH on
David H. Lipman wrote:
> From: "Andrew" <andrew(a)jkl.com>
>
> | Mr.Jan wrote:
>>> I suspect when Quicken and Mint get completely melded, they will just
>>> go online for Quicken and that will be the solution.
>
> | Not for those of us that are not going to keep their personal information on
> | some Q or MINT servers! If they force me to do that, they lose a long time
> | customer. You really want to have all your account information, passwords,
> | scheduled transactions, PINs, etc. online somewhere out of your control??
> | Not me!
> | --
> | Regards
>
> | - Andrew
>

> Ditto!
> I can't agree more.

I agree. From what I read, Mint is not supposed to replace Quicken, but
to provide an entry level web based financial program, with Quicken
being the high end program.

--
Jim
From: speedlever on
I've experienced success doing this with my wired
desktop/wireless laptop using a product called Syncback SE. I
sync the data files and haven't had any problem doing it this
way in years. I'm running Q2008D and sync between a Vista and
an XP system.

finbogey <nospam(a)mrnospamplease.com> wrote in

> I'd like to access the same Quicken file from two differnet
computers.
> I tried moving my quicken file to my dropbox folder (which
remains
> synced for both computers), but it doesn't work. The file
seems to