From: okey on
I have large list I use in an 'IN' clause

select * from mytable where x in { HUGE LIST }

What I want to do is find all the entries in that huge list that do
not match. Some how I have to get the list value into a variable.
Can that be done?

select var from mytable where var putinvar { HUGE LIST }
and var <> field

This has to be easy to do... it just ain't click'n

Thanks for your help.
From: joel garry on
On Apr 20, 3:07 pm, okey <oldyor...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
> I have large list I use in an 'IN' clause
>
> select * from mytable where x in { HUGE LIST }
>
> What I want to do is find all the entries in that huge list that do
> not match.  Some how I have to get the list value into a variable.
> Can that be done?
>
> select var from mytable where var putinvar { HUGE LIST }
> and var <> field
>
> This has to be easy to do... it just ain't click'n
>
> Thanks for your help.

One discussion: http://asktom.oracle.com/pls/apex/f?p=100:11:0::::P11_QUESTION_ID:210612357425

jg
--
@home.com is bogus.
http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2010/apr/20/two-brokers-plead-guilty-in-foreclosure-scam/
From: Gunter Herrmann on
Hi!

joel garry wrote:

> One discussion: http://asktom.oracle.com/pls/apex/f?p=100:11:0::::P11_QUESTION_ID:210612357425

This is 8i style.
As of 9i you don't need the cast any more in the select, just use

select * from table(myfunc(xyz))

If you want to return a lot of data use a pipelined table function to
reduce memory consumption (also available as of 9i).

Best regards

Gunter, Orlando, Fl