From: CandiC on
I have a spreadsheet that has duplicate values for a series of items
throughout an engineering bill of material. I need to calculate total demand.

Col Item qty
a b
12 5001 2,000
215 5001 1,005
367 5001 6,000

My total Demand for item 2001 is 9,005ea. How can I develp a formula to help
me pull all of the duplicates out and add the total demand?

Thank you,

Candi C

From: T. Valko on
Try this...

C1 = item to sum = 5001

D1 = formula:

=SUMIF(A:A,C1,B:B)

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

From: Per Jessen on
HI

=SUMIF(A1:A1000,5001,B1:B1000)

Regards,
Per

"CandiC" <CandiC(a)discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i meddelelsen
> I have a spreadsheet that has duplicate values for a series of items
> throughout an engineering bill of material. I need to calculate total
> demand.
>
> Col Item qty
> a b
> 12 5001 2,000
> 215 5001 1,005
> 367 5001 6,000
>
> My total Demand for item 2001 is 9,005ea. How can I develp a formula to
> help
> me pull all of the duplicates out and add the total demand?
>
> Thank you,
>
> Candi C

Pages: 1
Prev: Linking worksheets