From: Tony Johansson on
Hi!

If you have these two question that says the following.
1. Uses more memory when working with file system.
2. Provides better performance over FileStream

and each of these question should be connected to one of these
FileStream, MemoryStream or BufferedStream.

The first question . "Uses more memory when working with file system" should
be connected to the FileStream.
Can somebody explain why FileStream is considered as the right answer to
that question

The second question. "Provides better performance over FileStream" should be
connected to MemoryStream."
I find that the BufferedStream is just as good answer as the MemoryStream.
So again can somebody explain why MemoryStream is considered as the right
answer to that question

//Tony

From: Willem van Rumpt on
Tony Johansson wrote:
> Hi!
>
> If you have these two question that says the following.
> 1. Uses more memory when working with file system.
> 2. Provides better performance over FileStream
>
> and each of these question should be connected to one of these
> FileStream, MemoryStream or BufferedStream.
>
> The first question . "Uses more memory when working with file system" should
> be connected to the FileStream.
> Can somebody explain why FileStream is considered as the right answer to
> that question

The only reason I can think of is that the only stream explicitly
involved with the file system, is the FileStream. The others don't have
any connection to the file system.

> The second question. "Provides better performance over FileStream" should be
> connected to MemoryStream."
> I find that the BufferedStream is just as good answer as the MemoryStream.
> So again can somebody explain why MemoryStream is considered as the right
> answer to that question

I agree.
If the question you quoted are exactly as they appear, without any
contextual information, either answer would do in my opinion.

--
Willem van Rumpt
From: Tony Johansson on
"Willem van Rumpt" <nothing(a)nowhere.com> skrev i meddelandet
> Tony Johansson wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>> If you have these two question that says the following.
>> 1. Uses more memory when working with file system.
>> 2. Provides better performance over FileStream
>>
>> and each of these question should be connected to one of these
>> FileStream, MemoryStream or BufferedStream.
>>
>> The first question . "Uses more memory when working with file system"
>> should be connected to the FileStream.
>> Can somebody explain why FileStream is considered as the right answer to
>> that question
>
> The only reason I can think of is that the only stream explicitly involved
> with the file system, is the FileStream. The others don't have any
> connection to the file system.
>

>> The second question. "Provides better performance over FileStream" should
>> be connected to MemoryStream."
>> I find that the BufferedStream is just as good answer as the
>> MemoryStream.
>> So again can somebody explain why MemoryStream is considered as the right
>> answer to that question
>>

> I agree.
> If the question you quoted are exactly as they appear, without any
> contextual information, either answer would do in my opinion.
>
> --
> Willem van Rumpt

Was it questions like these when you did the exam ?
I mean a question according to us have two answers being the right but only
one is the correct choice.

//Tony

From: Willem van Rumpt on
Tony Johansson wrote:

> Was it questions like these when you did the exam ?
> I mean a question according to us have two answers being the right but only
> one is the correct choice.
>
> //Tony

I can understand why they they picked the answers as correct, but I
consider the *questions* to be very dubious to begin with.

If I have to choose the fastest stream from those three, then yes,
MemoryStream is the one to go for from the list. But I can only see a
reason for such a question, if the intent is to teach what the
difference is between a File(Stream) and (a) Memory(Stream).

I did one exam, but that was back in 2004 or 2005. IIRC, the actual
questions on the exam were for the most part formulated in a precise,
and unambiguous manner. The questions needed to be read thoroughly, but
if you /did/, there would be a logical and clear answer to the question
(which would also be present as one of the options ;) ).

--
Willem van Rumpt
From: Konrad Neitzel on
Hi Tony!

"Tony Johansson" <johansson.andersson(a)telia.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

> Was it questions like these when you did the exam ?
> I mean a question according to us have two answers being the right but
> only one is the correct choice.

I did the 070-536 in February and at least I got no question where it was
that unclear what the right answer could be.

Of course, the questions do not give a big context but normaly you get
exactly the information that is required. So when you read the question
carefully, then you can think about the differences and answer the right
answer.

Of ocurse: I did the exam only once so maybe there are some questions like
the question you gave and I was simply lucky to not get such a question in
my exam :)

With kind regards,

Konrad