From: Francesco on
"The application you have launched requires Microsoft eMbedded Visual Basic
Runtime to be installed"

I am receiving this error message when running an application even though
the VB RunTime is already installed. Does anyone have any experience with
this runtime and why it might display this message even though the runtime is
already installed?
From: Chris De Herrera on
Hi,
Is this a Windows Mobile 5.0 or Windows Mobile 6 device? If so then you
should be aware that eMbedded Visual Basic is not supported on these OS
versions. Microsoft discontinued support for it with Windows Mobile 2003
Second Edition.

--
Chris De Herrera
http://www.pocketpcfaq.com

Windows Mobile Device Center FAQs -
http://www.pocketpcfaq.com/faqs/wmdc/index.htm
ActiveSync Troubleshooting Guide -
http://www.pocketpcfaq.com/faqs/t-shootactivesync.htm

From: "Werner "Menneisyys" Ruotsalainen [MVP - Windows - Mobile Devices]" on
Please follow my articles / search my blog, I've explained this at
http://www.pocketpcmag.com/blogs/index.php?blog=3&title=an_important_note_on_the_application_you&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1

The trick is, under WM5+, NOT trying to install eVB on a storage card, ONLY
in the main storage. Then, it'll work flawlessly.

Werner "Menneisyys" Ruotsalainen - Microsoft MVP - Windows - Mobile Devices
Please see the Pocket PC Mag Expert Blog (including mine) at
http://www.pocketpcmag.com/blogs/ - you will definitely like it.

From: Francesco on
I am running the correct version of Pocket PC for this application, Pocket PC
2003 (Version 4.20.0 Build 14053). The runtime is already installed however
when I launch the application it shows this error. We run this application on
32 Production Pocket PCs Configured in the same exact way. However three of
the devices randomly started showing this error. Reinstalling the runtime
repairs it, but only temporarily. Any time the device is reset it displays
the same error. We have never had this problem before. Does anyone have any
experience with this application or error?