From: MikeD on

"mayayana" <mayaXXyana(a)rcXXn.com> wrote in message
> (You do realize
> this is a VB group and not VB.Net?)

He must be using VB6 or earlier because VB.NET does not have control arrays.

--
Mike

From: Karl E. Peterson on
vbDavidC presented the following explanation :
> On Jan 26, 11:18�pm, duke <nosp...(a)3web.net> wrote:
>> On Jan 26, 9:32�pm, vbDavidC <davidsusergro...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>
>>> I have been using VB for a while but am having a problem with this.
>>> I am creating a simple form with textboxes. �After I format the first
>>> textbox I want to make a copy of it although not a control array.
>>> When I select the textbox I do a Ctrl-C or copy but when I do a Ctrl-V
>>> (paste in menu is not enabled).
>>
>>> I can do this with Command boxes but not textboxes.
>>> Am I doing something wrong.
>>
>> I just tried doing what you suggested with textboxes and it worked
>> fine for me.
>> If you are hitting Ctrl-V to do the paste, you are doing so without
>> displaying the menu and it copies just fine.
>> Of course you do have to say "NO" to the prompt asking about creating
>> an array each time you hit Ctrl-V if that is what you want, personally
>> I use arrays at every opportunity.
>> Try again, it should work... What can I say???
>>
>> Duke
>
> I know what both of you are saying. If I do this operation on a
> command button or optionbutton it works. It also does not work with
> labels..
>
> The other way it works is if I select more than 1 control for example
> 2 textboxes it allows me to do the copy. If I only select only 1
> textbox I get no prompt.
>
> weird. thanks.

You might also try the *real* shortcuts, Cntl-Ins and Shift-Ins. It's
not at all uncommon for those to work when the newfangled ones get all
farked up.

--
..NET: It's About Trust!
http://vfred.mvps.org

From: Dee Earley on
On 27/01/2010 23:27, Karl E. Peterson wrote:
> You might also try the *real* shortcuts, Cntl-Ins and Shift-Ins. It's
> not at all uncommon for those to work when the newfangled ones get all
> farked up.

Or visa versa (random parts of Office!!)

--
Dee Earley (dee.earley(a)icode.co.uk)
i-Catcher Development Team

iCode Systems
From: Karl E. Peterson on
Dee Earley wrote on 1/28/2010 :
> On 27/01/2010 23:27, Karl E. Peterson wrote:
>> You might also try the *real* shortcuts, Cntl-Ins and Shift-Ins. It's
>> not at all uncommon for those to work when the newfangled ones get all
>> farked up.
>
> Or visa versa (random parts of Office!!)

That tells ya that some script kiddies ignorantly rolled their own
controls, rather than working with the fundamental base objects
provided by the OS. <g>

--
..NET: It's About Trust!
http://vfred.mvps.org