From: Subramanya Bhat on
hi all,
I have stored images(as BMP files) in work directory. What codes I
can write for edge detection. How hough transform can be applied for
object detection & tracking

Plz help me . I will thank in advance

sbhat
From: Dora Raymaker on
imread('filename') creates a nice matrix of color / intensity values.
I'm using the matrix from imread() for a project that requires edge
detection that I'm currently working on.
From: Dave Robinson on
Dora Raymaker wrote:

> imread('filename') creates a nice matrix of color / intensity
> values.
> I'm using the matrix from imread() for a project that requires
> edge
> detection that I'm currently working on.

Surprisingly

help edge

keyed into the workspace comes up with all you need to know about
edge detection in images. If it doesn't then this suggests that you
might need to learn something about image processing.

Regards

Dave Robinson
From: Subramanya Bhat on
Dave Robinson wrote:

> Dora Raymaker wrote:
>>

>> imread('filename') creates a nice matrix of color / intensity
>> values.
>> I'm using the matrix from imread() for a project that requires
>> edge
>> detection that I'm currently working on.
>
> Surprisingly
>
> help edge
>
> keyed into the workspace comes up with all you need to know about
> edge detection in images. If it doesn't then this suggests that you
> might need to learn something about image processing.
>
> Regards
>
> Dave Robinson

respected sir,
I m doing my M.tech degree research project on "object detection &
tracking using webcamera"
I have used the following code for edge detection .But it is giving
error

I=imread('a1.bmp'); i have stored my image as a1.bmp
BW1=edge(I,'sobel')

it is giving error : BW1 unknown

plz help me . i will never forget u r help

sbhat
From: Dave Robinson on
Subramanya Bhat wrote:

> Dave Robinson wrote:
>>

>> Dora Raymaker wrote:
>>>

>>> imread('filename') creates a nice matrix of color /
intensity
>>> values.
>>> I'm using the matrix from imread() for a project that
> requires
>>> edge
>>> detection that I'm currently working on.
>>
>> Surprisingly
>>
>> help edge
>>
>> keyed into the workspace comes up with all you need to know
about
>> edge detection in images. If it doesn't then this suggests that
> you
>> might need to learn something about image processing.
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Dave Robinson
>
> respected sir,
> I m doing my M.tech degree research project on "object detection &
> tracking using webcamera"
> I have used the following code for edge detection .But it is giving
> error
>
> I=imread('a1.bmp'); i have stored my image as a1.bmp
> BW1=edge(I,'sobel')
>
> it is giving error : BW1 unknown
>
> plz help me . i will never forget u r help
>
> sbhat

I repeated your code exactly with one of my own images, and providing
it is a single plane 'greyscale' image it works perfectly. I get an
error message when I try to pass it a colour image, but I am unable
to reproduce your error message - I am afraid I have no idea what you
are doing wrong.

Sorry

Dave Robinson
 |  Next  |  Last