From: the.hunter on
Hi, it is strange but on my Asus 1000HE I have just isntalled NOD32
and now I get many problems. PC jams and I have conflict problems. I
have unsitalled it and now I'd like to install a different antivirus.
I have thought to install BitDefender. Do you know if BitDefender
works fine on eeePC? Will it bee too heavy?
Is it better Avira?
thanks
From: Wolf K on
the.hunter(a)TOGLIkatamail.com wrote:
> Hi, it is strange but on my Asus 1000HE I have just isntalled NOD32
> and now I get many problems. PC jams and I have conflict problems. I
> have unsitalled it and now I'd like to install a different antivirus.
> I have thought to install BitDefender. Do you know if BitDefender
> works fine on eeePC? Will it bee too heavy?
> Is it better Avira?
> thanks

Before installing a new AV program make sure any existing AV program is
set _not_ to start at boot. You may have to turn off your firewall, too:
read the installation instructions.

Do not let two programs perform the same function (eg, real-time
scanning of incoming data, etc) at the same time. It's best to set one
program to act as real-time scanner, firewall, and such, and run scans
of the system with one program at a time. (No program will find all the
bad stuff.) Make sure each program is updated before you run a scan with it.

HTH
wolf k.
From: David H. Lipman on
From: <the.hunter(a)TOGLIkatamail.com>

| Hi, it is strange but on my Asus 1000HE I have just isntalled NOD32
| and now I get many problems. PC jams and I have conflict problems. I
| have unsitalled it and now I'd like to install a different antivirus.
| I have thought to install BitDefender. Do you know if BitDefender
| works fine on eeePC? Will it bee too heavy?
| Is it better Avira?
| thanks

What is so special about thec ASUS eeePC that you have to ask ?
What OS is on this platform ?

--
Dave