From: j needs to know! j needs to on
Im trying to set-up my outlook to recieve my emails. I would like to know
what to enter in the fields(incoming server and outgoing server) if im using
yahoo and or msn as my isp. Also, what type of isp's are these pop or imap?
From: Wiley C on
Incoming & outgoing server names are provided by your ISP.

Yahoo is not an ISP. Examples of ISPs are Cable One and Qwest DSL.

Outlook can be used with Yahoo.
http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/original/mailplus/pop/pop-36.html

Which version of Outlook are you using?

Use your favorite search engine, Bing, yahoo, Google, etc.
Search terms: "outlook 2007" yahoo configure
NOTE: if your version of Outlook is NOT 2007, replace 2007 with your
version of Yahoo.

HTH
WC

From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on
"Wiley C" <WileyC(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> Incoming & outgoing server names are provided by your ISP.
>
> Yahoo is not an ISP. Examples of ISPs are Cable One and Qwest DSL.

Wrong. Incoming and outgoing server names are provided by the mail service
provider. That may (or may not) be the ISP. For most people it is, but not
for all. For anyone using, say, AT&T or BT Internet as their ISP, the mail
service provider is Yahoo. So, Yahoo is a mail service provider and there are
Yahoo incoming and outgoing servers.

> Outlook can be used with Yahoo.
> http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/original/mailplus/pop/pop-36.html

Notice the "Mail Plus" there. That means for yahoo.com (or .ca) addresses,
one must pay for the mail services Yahoo provides.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]