From: inenewbl on
Hi all, when my user's outlook do a send/receive, mails are removed from
mailbox of my mailserver but the mails are not found in my user's inbox. No
error when send/receive is done. Nor could it be found in junk folder. This
problem is resolved once i changed outlook profile which is basically all the
same settings. From the maillog i have found that the user is only
downloading email only from 1 ip address hence no smart phone is used. Pls
advise why the mail couldnt get into outlook? Thks in advance.
From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on
"inenewbl" <inenewbl(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> Hi all, when my user's outlook do a send/receive, mails are removed from
> mailbox of my mailserver but the mails are not found in my user's inbox. No
> error when send/receive is done. Nor could it be found in junk folder. This
> problem is resolved once i changed outlook profile which is basically all
> the
> same settings. From the maillog i have found that the user is only
> downloading email only from 1 ip address hence no smart phone is used. Pls
> advise why the mail couldnt get into outlook? Thks in advance.

The first thing they should check is their view to make sure they're not using
a view that hides the messages. Do they see them in the Unread Messages
search folder?
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

From: Orland, Kathleen on
Please advise what version of Outlook is being used. Have you checked the
user's view of their inbox to rule out any filter? Are there rules
redirecting the mail to other folders?

--

Kathleen Orland