From: Sindi on
I am receiving some of my email up to 5 times. I have recently set up mail
rules of where these are to go and when I check these folders I find there
are 5 of some. I do not know how to see the list of rules I have set up and
perhaps they have been set up more than 1 time? I do not know how this would
happen as the first time I set up a rule it should work and I shouldn't have
to set it up again. When I used outlook exxpress there was somewhere you
could see a list of the rules you had set up and then make changes to them
but outlook does not have this feature.
From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on
"Sindi" <Sindi(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

>I am receiving some of my email up to 5 times. I have recently set up mail
> rules of where these are to go and when I check these folders I find there
> are 5 of some.

Perhaps you have misconfigured your rules. Duplicates are easy to get when
you do. If you rules move messages, for example, and more than one rule can
act upon the message, you'll get more than one copy unless you add the "stop
processing more rules" action.

> I do not know how to see the list of rules I have set up and
> perhaps they have been set up more than 1 time?

You see them using the Rules Wizard, just like you did when you created them.
Tools>Rules Wizard.

> When I used outlook exxpress there was somewhere you
> could see a list of the rules you had set up and then make changes to them
> but outlook does not have this feature.

Of course it does or you would not be able to create rules.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

Pages: 1
Prev: Outlook 2007 Display Font