From: maz77 on
Hi,

I am developing a Windows Application in C# with Visual Studio 2008. The
App.config of the application contains the connection string into the
AppSettings section.
What is the better way to encrypt the connection string?
Is there a way to make it during deployment, so that the deployed
App.config is already encrypted and ready to be used on production server?

Thanks

MAX
From: Rajeev Gopal on
On Jun 9, 3:53 am, maz77 <nos...(a)nospam.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am developing a Windows Application in C# with Visual Studio 2008. The
> App.config of the application contains the connection string into the
> AppSettings section.
> What is the better way to encrypt the connection string?
> Is there a way to make it during deployment, so that the deployed
> App.config is already encrypted and ready to be used on production server?
>
> Thanks
>
> MAX

Hi Maz77,

Try this out: