From: KM01 on
Hope someone can help. I'm trying to extract data from a SQL Server 2005 into
Excel, using a parameter criteria in MS Query. If I use criteria in a field
with an integer data type it works fine. If I use a field with an NVARCHAR
data type (which is the one I want) I get a “Syntax Error” message. There
seems to be no way of entering criteria into this type of field which MS
Query will accept. If I enter james it defaults to N'james', which works as
syntax criteria in SQL Server Management Studio 2005, but not in MS Query.
What am I doing wrong?!