From: moe on
does anyone know how to do Capital-sigma notation

?(x-n)*Y^n

from n = 1 , to n = x
assuming i have to enter x, and y

Gaurav wrote:

Re: Please Help with complicated SUM formula
01-May-08

Glad I could help.

On Thursday, May 01, 2008 4:08 PM
mr wrote:

Please Help with complicated SUM formula
I need Excel to look at E1, G1, J1 and if the cells have a value, add those
cells across and put total in cell M1 - if no values in those cells (0% being
a value), return a blank cell.

I ran into trouble because E1, G1 and J1 have values returned from formula
which looks at different set of cells, compares, and returns value based on
argument. I came up with one that works, but it is returning a 0% value in
M1 where I want it blank. So, it's not really working. I don't want 12
rows of 0% with one row of 120% in the middle, end or wherever.

I hope someone can PLEASE help me - Marilyn

On Thursday, May 01, 2008 4:15 PM
Gaurav wrote:

Re: Please Help with complicated SUM formula
I guess...

=IF(SUM(E1,G1,J1)=0,"",SUM(E1,G1,J1))

On Thursday, May 01, 2008 4:19 PM
RagDyer wrote:

Re: Please Help with complicated SUM formula
Try this:

=IF(SUM(E1,G1,J1),SUM(E1,G1,J1),"")
--
HTH,

RD

"mrl" <mrl(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

On Thursday, May 01, 2008 5:13 PM
mr wrote:

It seems so simple seeing it here - it WORKED great.
It seems so simple seeing it here - it WORKED great. I was trying to make it
too complicated - THANK YOU so much
--
The generosity of your knowledge is greatly appreciated.

"Gaurav" wrote:

On Thursday, May 01, 2008 5:15 PM
mr wrote:

The formula only worked for the first cell; when I tried to auto fill, it
The formula only worked for the first cell; when I tried to auto fill, it
would only add the last cell entered??? Perhaps it needs to be entered into
each row (cell) or the cells anchored? - but the previous post's formula did
the trick. Thank you for trying... I could have made this work if the
The generosity of your knowledge is greatly appreciated.

"RagDyer" wrote:

On Thursday, May 01, 2008 5:24 PM
Gaurav wrote:

Re: Please Help with complicated SUM formula
Glad I could help.

Creating a WPF Custom Control
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/32d63678-2798-465e-ad29-c0b45fb68b78/creating-a-wpf-custom-con.aspx