From: Linq Adams via AccessMonster.com on
"If ELookup("[WorkingDay]", "tblCalendar", "[CalDate] = " & "#" &
PreviouseDate & "#") = "N" Then"

ELookup() is an Excel function, not an Access function. I think there's an
Excel Object reference Library you can load to use Excel functions in Access;
have you done this?

Answers/posts based on Access 2000/2003

From: iccsi on
On May 21, 2:22 pm, "Linq Adams via AccessMonster.com" <u28780(a)uwe>
wrote:
> "If ELookup("[WorkingDay]", "tblCalendar", "[CalDate] = " & "#" &
> PreviouseDate & "#") = "N" Then"
>
> ELookup() is an Excel function, not an Access function. I think there's an
> Excel Object reference Library you can load to use Excel functions in Access;
> have you done this?
>
> --
> There's ALWAYS more than one way to skin a cat!
>
> Answers/posts based on Access 2000/2003

ELookup function is by Allen Browne see the following link.

http://allenbrowne.com/ser-42.html

From: Douglas J. Steele on
Are you perhaps thinking of VLookup, Linq?

He's probably using Allen Browne's ELookup, a replacement to DLookup
http://www.allenbrowne.com/ser-42.html

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://www.AccessMVP.com/DJSteele

From: Dirk Goldgar on
"iccsi" <inungh(a)gmail.com> wrote in message

Private Sub ImportData()
On Error GoTo Err_ImportData

Dim stDocName As String
Dim PreviousDate As Date

PreviouseDate = Get_Previous_Business()

If ELookup("[WorkingDay]", "tblCalendar", "[CalDate] = " & "#" &
PreviouseDate & "#") = "N" Then

Exit Sub
End If
If DCount("*", "tblDaily", "[Activity_date] = " & "#" &
PreviouseDate & "#") = 0 And _
DCount("*", "SP APPEND DATA", "[Mydate] = " & "#" &
PreviouseDate & "#") > 0 Then

stDocName = "SP APPEND DATA"
DoCmd.OpenQuery stDocName, acNormal, acEdit

End If

Exit_ImportData:
Exit Sub

Err_ImportData:

Select Case Err
Case 0
Resume Exit_ImportData
Case Else
strErrMsg = strErrMsg & "Error #: " & Format$(Err.Number) &
vbCrLf
strErrMsg = strErrMsg & "Error Description: " & Err.Description
MsgBox strErrMsg, vbInformation, "Import Data"
Resume Exit_ImportData
End Select
End Sub

===== reply begins =====

Is that a copy/paste of your code? There appears to be a typo in a variable
name:

> Dim PreviousDate As Date
>
> PreviouseDate = Get_Previous_Business()

"PreviousDate" or "PreviouseDate"? I would expect the code as written to
give you a compile error, unless you have the "Require Variable Declaration"
option turned off (which is a bad idea). However, I don't think that would
cause an error at run time, and certainly not error 0 (since that isn't an
error).

The error-handling in that code is set to ignore error# 0. I assume you put
that there in an attempt to stop the error message from appearing. Did it
work?

When you get the error message, is it coming from the MsgBox in the
error-handling code above -- you should be able to tell by the content,
formatting, and window title -- or is it coming from someplace else?

--
Dirk Goldgar, MS Access MVP

(please reply to the newsgroup)

From: Linq Adams via AccessMonster.com on
I believe you're right, Doug!

Of all the things I miss, in old age, I miss my mind the most!

Answers/posts based on Access 2000/2003