From: gilka on

Problems updating .Net Framework 3,5 Service Pack1 and . Net Framework
Family update v 2 a 3.5
Error 080070645
(KB 951847) X 86
OS Windows XP SP3
Installed versions of .Net Framework :
v 1.0 - 3705
v 1.1- 4322
v 2.0 - 50727
v 3.0 and v 3.5
With netfx setupverifier 3.5 I got the following results :
.Net Framework 1.1
error
HKLM\Software\Classes\CLSID\{1B2E3B3F-490A-4f4c-8C76-D94F59FE6400}\ProgId
.Net Framework 2.0 SP2
OK
.Net Framework 3.0 SP1
OK
.Net Framework 3.5
error HKLM \Software\Microsoft\NetFramework Setup\NDP\v 3.0

That's when my problems really started :
I used Microsoft Cleanup Utility to uninstall .Net Framework 3.5
;downloaded .Net Framework 3.5 but it wasn't installed .
I checked what went wrong and saw it still appeared in the Add/Remove
programs list .Tried to remove it there but got a message about a
missing file : netfx 30a x 86 and that I should insert disc 1 .

That's to say : I can't install it , I can't uninstall it ,I dont know
the risks to security to leave it alone ,and I don't know what's the
use for .Net Framework . I find it all extremely annoying . Maybe I'll
buy a Mac . Anyway , help me , anyone.

--
gilka
gilka's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/148689.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

From: Jo Wright on
Hi MowGreen (and others)

"MowGreen" wrote:
> 0x80070645 ERROR_UNKNOWN_PRODUCT
> " This action is only valid for products that are currently installed. "
> Download the .NET Framework setup verification tool and run it according
> to the instructions on Aaron's blog. It will create 2 logs:
Original question:
> > My (old) ThinkPad X30, running XP, seems to be trying to install
> > Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 and .NET Framework 3.5 Family
> > Update for .NET versions 2.0 through 3.5 (KB951847) x86
> > over and over again, but fails with error code 0x80070645 every time.

I ran the verification tool, and it created a long log with the following
error message:

****ERROR**** Key: HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\NDP\v3.0
Value: SP
Expected Data: 2
Actual Data: 1

What might that mean? Am I missing SP2 for v3.0? Should I uninstall 3.5 and
update 3.0 before reinstalling 3.5? Or...?
My Add/Remove Programs program list shows I have
.NET 2.0 SP2
.NET 3.0 SP1
.NET 3.5 SP1

Jo

From: gilka on

Hi everybody
Jo , I got this message too , but as I said I couldn't uninstall v 3.5
.
So I just used the suggestion I got in another Forum : I uninstalled
all versions of .Net Framework with Revo uninstaller , then ran CC
Cleaner and got rid of all "leftovers". I'm thinking twice befor
installing Framework again as I don't know the use of it.

--
gilka
gilka's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/148689.htm
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/windows-update/1261319.htm