From: Adriana on
I keep getting error code 646 when i try to install 2007 microsoft office
suite service pack 1(SP1). Any way to fix that and install the update
From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
SP1?

You receive an error message when you try to apply any of the 2007 Office
service packs on a computer that is running WinXP SP2 [or SP3]
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/942101

Insert your Office 2007 CD into the appropriate drive bay before the next
installation attempt.

From: TaurArian on
Adriana wrote:
:: I keep getting error code 646 when i try to install 2007 microsoft
:: office suite service pack 1(SP1). Any way to fix that and install
:: the update

Try manually installing it:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=9ec51594-992c-4165-a997-25da01f388f5

BTW - why haven't you already installed SP1 and are you aware that SP2 is
available.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=b444bf18-79ea-46c6-8a81-9db49b4ab6e5
--

TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2010 - Update Services
http://taurarian.mvps.org

From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
TaurArian wrote:
> Adriana wrote:
>>> I keep getting error code 646 when i try to install 2007 microsoft
>>> office suite service pack 1(SP1). Any way to fix that and install
>>> the update
>
> Try manually installing it:
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=9ec51594-992c-4165-a997-25da01f388f5
>
> BTW - why haven't you already installed SP1 and are you aware that SP2 is
> available...

QED: Is Office 2007 SP1 a prerequisite?

From: TaurArian on

--

TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2010 - Update Services
http://taurarian.mvps.org
guarantees and doesn't give any rights.

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" <PABearMVP(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> TaurArian wrote:
>>
>> Try manually installing it:
>> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=9ec51594-992c-4165-a997-25da01f388f5
>>
>> BTW - why haven't you already installed SP1 and are you aware that SP2 is
>> available...
>
> QED: Is Office 2007 SP1 a prerequisite?
I believe SP2 includes SP1 updates so I don't believe so.