From: Thomas -Pops to Boo & Critter -grandsons on
ello,

I am writing a vbscript to access/write to the cdrom drive. The script
fails with the above number/message.

I have also ran <wbemtest.exe> in a command windown, used the root\cimv2
namespace to lookup the W32_CDROMDrive class and after selecting the class
(double clicking on it), if I then 'interrogate' any of the properties using
the buttons: 'Refresh Object' and then 'Instances", I again
get the same error message.

"all" xp methods to view/interrogate the CD *see* the drive and state that
it is functioning correctly (computer management & control
panel-Hardware-Device manager)

I'm stumped, any suggestions? Is WMI broke, or cimv2, or some key in the
registry or is it a case of pilot error???

Thanks,

Thomas