From: PCBILL on
I think I have it all figured out....all the updates you get the 80070490
error, look in your update history...you will see that they have already been
installed , that is why you are getting the error

From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
<bzzzzt> WRONG! Thank you, step down. Next?

From: gg on

From: TCR2121 on
Did this work in the end?

From: Richard A. Schwartz - Avanade Richard A. Schwartz - on
For the many affected that are scouring the Net for a solution to this
problem there is hope! After much digging I found the "System Update
Readiness Tool for Windows" (REF:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947821/en-us). After installing this tool /
update on a Vista SP1 x86 installation I was able to download the > 90
updates available. Please note that the fix took some time to complete and I
rebooted the affected machine before downloading and installing the delta
updates.

Hope this is helpful!

Richard A. Schwartz

Sr. Consultant, Avanade Inc.