From: bernd on
Hi,

sometimes I get a debug error message

(ASSERT: Unhandled exception at 0x7c812afb in docviewtest.exe:
Microsoft C++ exception: CResourceException at memory location
0x00f4fc38..)

The error occured in the wincore.cpp
-------------
LPCTSTR AFXAPI AfxRegisterWndClass(UINT nClassStyle,
HCURSOR hCursor, HBRUSH hbrBackground, HICON hIcon)

return lpszName; //<- debugger stopps here
}

The output window showed the following messages:
OnNewDocument()
Snmp-Thread
Http-Thread
Snmp-Thread
Http-Thread
'docviewtest.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\mswsock.dll', Cannot
find or open the PDB file
'docviewtest.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\hnetcfg.dll', Cannot
find or open the PDB file
'docviewtest.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\wshtcpip.dll', Cannot
find or open the PDB file
Can't register window class named Afx:00400000:0
First-chance exception at 0x7c812afb in docviewtest.exe: Microsoft C++
exception: CResourceException at memory location 0x00f4fc38..
First-chance exception at 0x7c812afb in docviewtest.exe: Microsoft C++
exception: [rethrow] at memory location 0x00000000..
Unhandled exception at 0x7c812afb in docviewtest.exe: Microsoft C++
exception: CResourceException at memory location 0x00f4fc38..
-------------------------------------

OnNewDocument is a Trace message within the same method; Http-Thread
is a Trace message within HttpSoc::InitInstance() as well as Snmp-
Thread is a Trace message within SnmpSoc::InitInstance(). So it seems
that both InitInstances are called twice at the startup (if tried to
set a breakpoint at this trace messages to debug this phenomenon but
it failed, because now the function is only called once).

After the main window is shown I install two threads,

m_httpThread = (HttpThread*)AfxBeginThread(RUNTIME_CLASS(HttpThread),
THREAD_PRIORITY_NORMAL, 0, CREATE_SUSPENDED);

Maybe someone of you have some hints to find the error.

best regards
Bernd
From: Hans-J. Ude on
bernd schrieb:

>The error occured in the wincore.cpp
>LPCTSTR AFXAPI AfxRegisterWndClass(UINT nClassStyle,
> HCURSOR hCursor, HBRUSH hbrBackground, HICON hIcon)
>
> return lpszName; //<- debugger stopps here
>}

What about your cursor, brush and icon, are they valid objects?

Hans