From: don on
I have realized a DLL (MFC Extension) in which a class is included with some
methods: some use as parameter of the int, other CString.
During the compilation of the DLL I don't have errors.
In the compilation of the application that uses the DLL it appears the error
'error LINK2019: unresolved external symbol' only for the methods that have
as parameter of the CStrings. The other methods perfectly work.
How to eliminate the problem? Some idea?
(Microsoft Visual Studio 2005)

Thanks

Donato

From: Scott McPhillips [MVP] on
don wrote:
> I have realized a DLL (MFC Extension) in which a class is included with some
> methods: some use as parameter of the int, other CString.
> During the compilation of the DLL I don't have errors.
> In the compilation of the application that uses the DLL it appears the error
> 'error LINK2019: unresolved external symbol' only for the methods that have
> as parameter of the CStrings. The other methods perfectly work.
> How to eliminate the problem? Some idea?
> (Microsoft Visual Studio 2005)
>
> Thanks
>
> Donato

During the build process CString is converted to CStringW or CStringA,
depending on whether or not you are building for unicode. So the
CString parameters will not match if the EXE and DLL are not using the
same unicode setting.

--
Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP]

From: don on

> During the build process CString is converted to CStringW or CStringA,
> depending on whether or not you are building for unicode. So the CString
> parameters will not match if the EXE and DLL are not using the same
> unicode setting.
>
> --
> Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP]

Thanks for the information!
In effects I had checked all except the options unicode.
Thanks anchors and good Christmas!

Donato

Pages: 1
Prev: CSocket