From: Administrator on
hi,
If anyone have solution for this issue in windows xp sp2
"a problem is preventing windows from accurately checking the license fot
this computer error code 0x80040017"
thanks

From: Nightowl on
Administrator <quytrinh2328(a)yahoo.com> wrote on Sun, 6 Jan 2008:

>hi,
>If anyone have solution for this issue in windows xp sp2
>"a problem is preventing windows from accurately checking the license
>fot this computer error code 0x80040017"
>thanks

Hello Admin

There is a Microsoft Knowledge Base article about it here:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;306081
which tells you how to troubleshoot it.

Google also found some posts from people saying they cured the problem
after running chkdsk with the repair option (chkdsk /r).

Good luck! Let us know how you get on :-)

--
Nightowl
From: quy nguyen on
Thank you very much.
the dskchk -r works for this case.
I have another question. I would like to reinstall or upgrade my Windows XP
will programs still work or lost after I reinstall or upgrade?
Thanks
"Nightowl" <owl@[127.0.0.1]> wrote in message
> Administrator <quytrinh2328(a)yahoo.com> wrote on Sun, 6 Jan 2008:
>
>>hi,
>>If anyone have solution for this issue in windows xp sp2
>>"a problem is preventing windows from accurately checking the license fot
>>this computer error code 0x80040017"
>>thanks
>
> Hello Admin
>
> There is a Microsoft Knowledge Base article about it here:
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;306081
> which tells you how to troubleshoot it.
>
> Google also found some posts from people saying they cured the problem
> after running chkdsk with the repair option (chkdsk /r).
>
> Good luck! Let us know how you get on :-)
>
> --
> Nightowl

Pages: 1
Prev: RunDll32.exe