From: Charlie on
When I look at my list of startup programs, I see a startup item called
RunDLL32 with a command entry "RunDLL32.exe v0060Pin.dll,RunDLL32EP 513".
What is this for? Is it safe? Will it cause any problems if I tell it not
to run on system startup? I am running Windows XP Professional SP2.

Thanks!

From: PD on
On Dec 31, 3:29 pm, "Charlie" <Char...(a)nowhere.com> wrote:
> When I look at my list of startup programs, I see a startup item called
> RunDLL32 with a command entry "RunDLL32.exe v0060Pin.dll,RunDLL32EP 513".
> What is this for?  Is it safe?  Will it cause any problems if I tell it not
> to run on system startup?  I am running Windows XP Professional SP2.

Is your system running OK?

If so, why are you asking this question?

On another note: to find the answer to your question, just remove it
from your system startup and reboot.
From: nass on

"Charlie" wrote:

> When I look at my list of startup programs, I see a startup item called
> RunDLL32 with a command entry "RunDLL32.exe v0060Pin.dll,RunDLL32EP 513".
> What is this for? Is it safe? Will it cause any problems if I tell it not
> to run on system startup? I am running Windows XP Professional SP2.
>
> Thanks!

Do you have A Digital camera installed, it is to do with Still Image service.
or PC-CAM STI App Registration

You can Remove from Start Up if you wish:
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run=
"VF0060 STISvc" RunDLL32.exe V0060Pin.dll,RunDLL32EP 513

Use the Autoruns to remove:

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sysinternals/utilities/autoruns.mspx
HTH and Happy New Year.
nass

From: Charlie on
Yes I do have a digital camera. Thank you for your time.