From: Mohsen Arjomand Mohsen on
I understand the inconvenience you have experienced. Please be assured that I
will do my best to help you.

This error can be caused by Windows Modules Installer service corrupted, we
may use following way to try to repair this service. If this service still
can't be repaired and our issue persists, we may back up data on system and
use HP recovery disk to restore system to factory mode, this way can repair
Windows Modules Installer service.

Step 1: Manually replace the corrupt Windows Modules Installer

==================================

Step 1: Change the owner of the Servicing folder

1. Click Start. In the search bar, type in "%windir%" (without the quotation
marks) and press Enter.

2. Right click Servicing folder and click "Properties".

3. Click the Security tab.

4. Click Advanced.

5. Click the Owner tab.

6. Click Edit.

7. Under "Change owner to", highlight the Administrator account. Click on
"Replace Owner on Subcontainers and objects". Click OK.

8. Click OK. You might receive an "Access Deny" error. Just go ahead.

9. In the Security tab of Servicing folder properties, click Edit.

10. Highlight Administrators and grant it "Full Control" permission.

11. Click OK.

Step 2: Manually restore missing file

============================

1. Download and Save the Fix.zip file form
http://www.4shared.com/file/197624120/979be69/fix.html
to the Desktop.

2. Extract the two files. TrustedInstaller.exe and TrustedInstaller.reg.

3. Copy the TrustedInstaller.exe file into C:\Windows\servicing folder.

Step 3: Backup Registry

===================

1. Click Start. Type REGEDIT in the Start Search bar and press Enter.

2. Select Computer (the root node) in the left pane, click Export under the
File menu, choose All under Export range, select Desktop in the Save in box
and type backup in File Name. Click Save.

Please Note: The backup file is on the Desktop and named backup.reg. We can
simply restore the registry by double-clicking the backup.reg file.

After that, please refer to the following steps to import the register key.

Step 4: Import TrustedInstaller.reg

1. Double click the TrustedInstaller.reg file in the fix.zip file.

2. Click Yes when you are prompted to import it.

Restart the computer and check if Windows Update works.