From: JCM_Server Operator_MCP JCM_Server on
i had this error with KB967723

i fixed it easily by:

Manually installing the update with the stand alone installer:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=35c1d5a9-a953-4fc6-90c0-d2358c7b89e6

thats for server 2008 x86

if you go to download.microsoft.com and search the update "KB######"
you can sift through and find your the proper update for your system

Hope i helped

From: Richard A. Schwartz - Avanade Richard A. Schwartz - on
For the many affected that are scouring the Net for a solution to this
problem there is hope! After much digging I found the "System Update
Readiness Tool for Windows" (REF:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947821/en-us). After installing this tool /
update on a Vista SP1 x86 installation I was able to download the > 90
updates available. Please note that the fix took some time to complete and I
rebooted the affected machine before downloading and installing the delta
updates.

Hope this is helpful!

Richard A. Schwartz

Sr. Consultant, Avanade Inc.