From: marinecorpwife8 on
i keep getting this error for a single update.
i have tried many things. i do not have that pending file in my winsxs
folder at all, i think i already deleted it. and if i were to reinstall
windows update i dont really know what my system is. i have an inspiron 1420,
intel core 2 duo, with vista.

please helppp me. this is getting so so so annoying! ive been on multiple
sites and nothing helps!
From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
what update?

From: MowGreen on
From: Description of the System Update Readiness Tool for Windows Vista,
for Windows Server 2008, and for Windows 7
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947821

> The following table lists error messages that you might receive when you try to install a software
> update. These errors might be caused by a system irregularity that the System Update Readiness Tool
> might be able to resolve. However, the tool might be unable to fix all instances in which these
> errors occur.

0x80073712 ERROR_SXS_COMPONENT_STORE_CORRUPT
The component store is in an inconsistent state.

@ marinecorpwife ... suggest you download and save the Windows Update
Readiness Tool (CheckSUR) -
For Vista and Windows 7 x86 [32bit]
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=b4d90b06-c27d-4483-bc1f-04d43fa7b293

Please *note* that it is a 97 MB download.

Once the download completes close all open programs and browsers.
Now run Windows6.0-KB947821-v5-x86.msu by double left clicking on it as
you would an .exe file.
It will take some time to run.
When it's done, the error should be resolved.
If not, open the log that CheckSUR created located at

WINDOWS\Logs\CBS\CheckSUR.log <--- this log

copy and paste it's contents into your next post, please.

MowGreen
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten

banthecheck.com
"Security updates should *never* have *non-security content* prechecked"

From: marinecorpwife8 on
the update that i put as the subject.... error code 80073712

From: MowGreen on