From: brainy1000 on
Sorry for this, my previous message has an incorrect information: the error
code associaed with Windows defender is 0x800106ba. This othe code 800B0109
is associated with the update problem.
Thanks again.
From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
Post any/all followup in replies to your original thread, please.

Always state your full Windows version (e.g., Vista SP1; Vista 64-bit SP2)
when posting in a forum or newsgroup. Please do so in your next reply.

What third-party firewall (if any)?

it)?

0x800B0109 CERT_E_UNTRUSTEDROOT

Make sure that your time, date, and time-zone settings are all correct.
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)

brainy1000 wrote:
> Sorry for this, my previous message has an incorrect information: the
> error
> code associaed with Windows defender is 0x800106ba. This othe code
> 800B0109
> is associated with the update problem.
<paste>

From: williamtell on
Use Google, search the error code, you will see your answer, perhaps 200
posts!
I did!

From: Ǝиçεl on
0x800106ba

1.- What is the antivirus/security suite installed,
2.- and what other security software are you running, if any?
-=-

Please click the clock icon in the lower right corner of your desktop and
follow the wizard to set your Time Zone properly. If you need further
instructions, please post back.

Also, check what Internet Time server you are using for synchronization. -
changed it - to time-a.nist.gov or time.windows.com

Please confirm your system clock, and Time Zone also the Date are set
properly,
Having it set incorrectly can cause this type of behaviºr.
-=-

Have you tried pasting 0x800106ba in google search? I just did.

That is the very first thing you should do if you have a question about a
particular file or error number.

<http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&client=firefox-a&channel=s&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&hs=5uT&q=0x800106ba&btnG=Search&aq=f&oq=&aqi=>

<http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?query=0x800106ba&dg=microsoft.private.security.spyware.general&cat=en_US_f8c59240-bc0e-42f4-b741-765a827e6fb0&lang=en&cr=US&pt=&catlist=&dglist=&ptlist=&exp=&sloc=en-us>
-=-

800B0109
<http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&client=firefox-a&channel=s&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&q=800B0109&btnG=Search&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=>
-=-

I hope this post is helpful, let us know how it works ºut.

Ǝиçεl
-=