From: Jeff Jewitt on
Autorun no longer works on my Windowns XP Pro/SP3 with the flashdrive I use
for my camera and CD/DVD drive. Somewhere in my recollection of Windows
security patches I remember something about autorun being disabled. Is there
a way to fix this without a registry edit? Using right
click/properties/autoplay doesn't do anything with the 2 drives.
--
Jeff
From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
Installing KB971029 manually will disable Auto/run/ on flash drives but not
CD/DVD drives.