From: 123456789 on
I have a 32-based system and get this error when looking for updates. I
followed all the instructions posted in thread dated 1/22/10 regarding this
error (running multiple scans), except for the readiness tool as it won't
work on my system. I still can't get updates and can't find anything on
Microsofts website regarding this error. I searched for a readiness tool for
32 bit systems, but couldn't find anything. Any other suggestions?

From: Peter Foldes on
0x80248009
2145091575 WU E DS MISSINGREF
The data store is in an invalid state because data that should be present is
missing. This will occur if we try to fetch a linked row from another table
and the linked row does not exist. This can happen with EULAs, files,
and/or localized properties referenced by an update.

Run the following tools

Download, install, run, update and perform a full scan with the following
(freeware version):

SuperAntiSpyware
http://www.superantispyware.com/

MalwareBytes
http://www.malwarebytes.com/

Download and run the MSRT manually:

Peter

From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista SP1; Win7)
when posting in a forum or newsgroup. Please do so in your next reply.

What third-party firewall (if any)?

it)?

From: Ǝиçεl on
123456789,

In additions to Peter Fodes's and Robear Dyer's comment,

>I still can't get updates and can't find anything on
>Microsofts website regarding this error.

try

<http://support.microsoft.com/kb/956700>
-=-

"123456789" wrote:

> I have a 32-based system and get this error when looking for updates. I
> followed all the instructions posted in thread dated 1/22/10 regarding this
> error (running multiple scans), except for the readiness tool as it won't
> work on my system. I still can't get updates and can't find anything on
> Microsofts website regarding this error. I searched for a readiness tool for
> 32 bit systems, but couldn't find anything. Any other suggestions?

Pages: 1
Prev: update 979306
Next: KB977816 keeps notifying