From: 1an89 on
im running windows vista and geting error 643 when i try to install updates
specifically windows .net framework 3.5 sp1 and .net framework family update.

Think this might be relevant when trying to install ms office 07 (trial or
full version) i kept getting an error googled it instructions i found told me
to go to add/remove and remove the .net framework currently installed then go
to the microsoft site and reinstall the .net framework however when i checked
there was no .net framework in the add/remove in the 1st place and when i try
to download/install 3.5 manually I get error code 1603

[05/29/10,11:50:37] Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 'package': [2] Error:
Installation failed for component Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 'package'. MSI
returned error code 1603
[05/29/10,11:50:56] WapUI: [2] DepCheck indicates Microsoft .NET Framework
3.5 'package' is not installed.

however when i try installing .net framework 1.1 i get the following message:
Error 1935 error occurred during the installation of assembly
'Microsoft.Vsa.VB.CodeDOMProcessor,version="7.0.5000.0",PublicKeyToken="b03f5f11d50a3a",Culture="neutral,FileVersion="7.10.3052.4'".
refer to help and support.

any help is appreciated espically as help and support never help or supports.
From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
Vista, Vista SP1 or Vista SP2?

First run the Fix It in this KB article & see if the update will install
after doing so:

How to fix MSI software update registration corruption issues
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971187

If no joy, see...

When installing updates using Windows update or Microsoft Update you may
receive Error 0x643 or 0x80070643
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/976982