From: Consused, I am Consused, I on
Like Vista, I now am getting error codes for updates for Win 7. Any
suggestions?
From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
You were getting Windows Update errors in Vista so you decided to upgrade to
Win7?

From: MowGreen on
PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote:
> You were getting Windows Update errors in Vista so you decided to
> upgrade to Win7?
>
> Consused, I am wrote:
>> Like Vista, I now am getting error codes for updates for Win 7. Any
>> suggestions?

No, the OP likes Vista. <w>

80070BC9 ERROR_FAIL_REBOOT_REQUIRED
The requested operation failed. A system reboot is required to roll back
changes made.

Please try another update attempt. When/if it fails, copy and paste the
last 50 or so lines of the WindowsUpdate.log into your reply.

How to read the Windowsupdate.log file
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/902093

Thanks !

NOTE: Certain Security software can cause updating issues. To find out
if 3rd party software is causing the updates to fail to install,
configure the system to Clean boot and then check for updates:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

MowGreen
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten