From: Pierre Joye on
hi,

On Sun, Apr 11, 2010 at 10:51 AM, Tomasz Krawczyk <tomkrawc(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi

> I did silly error. I had put suhosin directory into extensions directory
> then I decided to make clean PHP compilation just to be sure I'm able to
> compile PHP. Suhosin contains patch for crypt but PHP sources was not
> patched by suhosin patch. I think it was my problem. Eventually I saw this

You don't need suhosin on windows nor with 5.3 (all platforms) as 5.3
has all crypt features provided by the suhosin extension (with some
more fixes not available in the latest patch).

> Pierre thanks for your time.

You are welcome :)

Cheers,
--
Pierre

From: Ferenc Kovacs on
On Sun, Apr 11, 2010 at 12:41 PM, Pierre Joye <pierre.php(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> hi,
>
> On Sun, Apr 11, 2010 at 10:51 AM, Tomasz Krawczyk <tomkrawc(a)gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Hi

> > I did silly error. I had put suhosin directory into extensions directory
> > then I decided to make clean PHP compilation just to be sure I'm able to
> > compile PHP. Suhosin contains patch for crypt but PHP sources was not
> > patched by suhosin patch. I think it was my problem. Eventually I saw
> this
>
> You don't need suhosin on windows nor with 5.3 (all platforms) as 5.3
> has all crypt features provided by the suhosin extension (with some
> more fixes not available in the latest patch).

could you tell more about this?

Tyrael

From: Pierre Joye on
hi,

On Sun, Apr 11, 2010 at 5:33 PM, Ferenc Kovacs <tyra3l(a)gmail.com> wrote:

>> > I did silly error. I had put suhosin directory into extensions directory
>> > then I decided to make clean PHP compilation just to be sure I'm able to
>> > compile PHP. Suhosin contains patch for crypt but PHP sources was not
>> > patched by suhosin patch. I think it was my problem. Eventually I saw
>> > this
>>
>> You don't need suhosin on windows nor with 5.3 (all platforms) as 5.3
>> has all crypt features provided by the suhosin extension (with some
>> more fixes not available in the latest patch).
>
> could you tell more about this?

I added blowfish and other algorithms to php 5.3, they are now enabled
on all platfroms (even windows). As soon as on algorithm is missing,
the bundled versions are used.

Cheers,
--
Pierre