From: pauldemo on
Trying to install Office Pro Plus 2010 in Win 7 unltimate 32bit downloaded
from technet as the installer was starting to run got this error "Error 2203.
An internal error has occurred. (C:windows\installer\546ca7b.ipi -2147287035)

????

--
Thanks for the help
From: DL on
Since Pro Plus is a volume license you would need to seek support from your
Home IT dept, or via the phone numbers given with your 'purchase' of Pro
Plus

From: Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] on
In Office 2010, Office Professional Plus is a retail license. It is no
longer restricted to Enterprise/Volume licenses.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

ALWAYS post your Outlook version.

After furious head scratching, DL asked:

From: David Troxell - Encourager Software on
On Sun, 9 May 2010 12:41:23 -0700, Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] wrote:

> In Office 2010, Office Professional Plus is a retail license. It is no
> longer restricted to Enterprise/Volume licenses.

Milly,

Do you have an updated reference that shows Office 2010 Professional Plus
can be bought as a retail license?

I have access to quite a lot of material as a Microsoft Partner, and all
the PowerPoint Presentations, PDFs, etc (pre-release, of course) still
describe it as a Volume license.

The current 2010 FAQ describes it as such (Volume license), and Pre-order,
to this point, does not include it.

Microsoft Office 2010 FAQ

http://www.microsoft.com/office/2010/en/faqs/default.aspx#5zzs104007q

Pre-order Office 2010 Suites

Office Home and Student 2010 - Office Home and Business 2010 - Office
Professional 2010

http://store.microsoft.com/microsoft/Office-Pre-order-Office-2010-Suites/category/210

David

> --
> Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
>
> Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact.
> ALWAYS post your Outlook version.
> How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375
>

> After furious head scratching, DL asked:
>
>| Since Pro Plus is a volume license you would need to seek support
>| from your Home IT dept, or via the phone numbers given with your
>| 'purchase' of Pro Plus
>|
>| "pauldemo" <pauldemo(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>|| Trying to install Office Pro Plus 2010 in Win 7 unltimate 32bit
>|| downloaded from technet as the installer was starting to run got
>|| this error "Error 2203.
>|| An internal error has occurred.
>|| (C:windows\installer\546ca7b.ipi -2147287035)

--
From David Troxell - Product Scope 7.9 - Encourager Software
Email - mailto:office2010_Remove_@_Me_encouragersoftware.com
From: Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] on
If you check the MSDN and TechNet downloads, it lists Office 2010
Professional Plus download as a retail SKU. I am not aware if it is
available at online and brick and mortarretail.

My response was to clue in DL that Office 2010 is not only a VL/Enterprise
SKU exclusively. As such, support for that SKU is not exclusive to the HUP
reseller.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

ALWAYS post your Outlook version.

After furious head scratching, David Troxell - Encourager Software asked: