From: c d on
YaST got signal 11 at YCP file PackagesUI.ycp:280
/sbin/yast2: line 454: 10984 Segmentation fault $ybindir/y2base
$module "$@" "$SELECTED_GUI" $Y2_GEOMETRY $Y2UI_ARGS

in Gnome GUI OpenSuse 11.2

Anyone else seen this?

C D
From: Michael Soibelman on
On Tue, 04 May 2010 17:07:05 -0700, c d wrote:

> YaST got signal 11 at YCP file PackagesUI.ycp:280 /sbin/yast2: line 454:
> 10984 Segmentation fault $ybindir/y2base $module "$@"
> "$SELECTED_GUI" $Y2_GEOMETRY $Y2UI_ARGS
>
> in Gnome GUI OpenSuse 11.2
>
> Anyone else seen this?
>
> C D

You may have a corrupt package/file. If you are familiar with the 'old'
yast just open a terminal and as root (su) run: yast (not yast2!)

If it works use the arrow keys to navigate to:

Software -> Software Management -> hit 'Enter' and wait for the repo's to
load. Now you'll probably want to do a search for 'yast' and update/
install/reinstall all the yast packages available that are ones you will
use/need.

If yast will not run from the command line you'll probably have to (re)-
install this using the command line:
sudo zypper install yast2-gtk

Then try to run: yast

and update all your yast programs. As I'm NOT an expert at zypper and am
only now learning the switches available I can't tell you how, but if I
knew I'd tell you to just force the update of all your yast packages...

That's the quickest method possible !! Maybe someone else can help with
this ??

Something like (but NOT quite): sudo zypper --force update *yast*

BUT NOT QUITE !!!! As I said, I'm no expert and this is not quite
right. Hope someone else knows how to force the update of all yast
packages using zypper... Back to rtfm for me on this point...

But don't give up. It's not impossible as I've had the exact same error
in the past at least on a couple or more occasions....