From: Jacob on
..when i try to log-in, i get a messege that says:
"Sorry, we were unable to log you in to MSN Messenger at this time. Please
try again later."

"Msn has made several failed attempts to sign you in. Your firewall may be
blocking Messenger from connecting to the service. Please review your
Firewall settings. See the retailers instructions for more information."

turned off firewall. put Messenger 7.5 and Windows messenger on Exeptions
List.
clicked on Troubleshoot.test result are as following...

"I,P.- OK; Default Gateway-OK; IE's offline setting -OK.; Hosts file-ERROR;
DNS file-ERROR; proxy server-OK Keyports-ERROR; Wireless- NO STATUS"

below that was a messege that said "Failed to connect to the service. this
could bedue to improper firewall and proxy settings.Proxy settings can be
accesesed through MSN Messenger
Options. For Firewall seettings, see your Retailer's Instructions."

after that i went to Options Under MSN MESSENGER, and checked the
Connections. It Said i was NOT connected to .net messenger service. clicked
on ADVANCED SETTINGS. Socks: Internet Explorer:1080 c;icked on test and it
said
"Resolving proxy name...
We are unable to connect (81000388)
Resolving proxy name...
We are unable to connect (81000388)"

after all that i came here hoping for some help....
Any ideas???
thanks in advance!
JACOB

From: Jonathan Kay [MVP] on
Greetings Jacob,

In the Messenger Advanced Settings box where you were, completely empty it of information
(delete all text in all the boxes). Then click test for TCP and see what you get. If that
worked, click OK and then try signing in again.
Jonathan Kay
Microsoft MVP - MSN Messenger/Windows Messenger
Associate Expert

From: JBig on
Hi there,

I've been having the same problem when logging in. I tried your suggestion
Jonathan but it's still not letting me log in. I still get the same message.

Any other suggestions????

Thanks!
JBig

From: Jacob on
it soesn't work for me either

From: Jacob on
do you work on an MCHSI connection? i do... that could make a difference,
i've been using other messengers for a year and they stopped working when we
switched our connectons to mchsi and got a new computor

Pages: 1 2 3
Prev: msnmsgr.exe Application Error
Next: MSN