From: stevemalee on
when I try to update all I get is a bronze/yellow shield with a black
exclmation point on it and #elementmoduleheadertext#

Can't find any reference to this here.
--
stevemalee
From: Harry Johnston [MVP] on
On 2010-01-15 1:23 p.m., stevemalee wrote:

> when I try to update all I get is a bronze/yellow shield with a black
> exclmation point on it and #elementmoduleheadertext#
>
> Can't find any reference to this here.

We'll need a bit more information than this - which operating system you are
running, and which service pack is installed, for a start.

Harry.

--
"I wish that, just once, some terrorist would try something that you can only
foil by upgrading the passengers to first class and giving them free drinks."
From: stevemalee on
i am so sorry to have forgotten that essential.

Have never had problems updating before this.

Vista Home Premium 64 bit
IE 8.0.6

updates:
1/13/10 outlook 2003 junk email filter
1/13/10 MS Windows KB 905866
1/13/10 security for windows KB972270

With what else can I provide you?
--
stevemalee

From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
See the "How to obtain help" section of
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/972270

and/or 1-866-234-6020 in the United States and in Canada or by contacting
your local Microsoft subsidiary. There is no-charge for support calls that
are associated with security updates. When you call, clearly state that
your problem is related to a Security Update and cite the update's KB number
(e.g., KB972270).

Or you can...

Consumer Security Support home page includes links for free security update
support, too

your usual support contacts.
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)